Not gonna lie, when I first heard that Melaka has this upside down house, I was super excited about it! However I didn't manage to go there because of work and stuff until last week. huhu.
Basically, in case you don;t know what is this upside down house gallery, it is a gallery in which everything inside is arranged upside down i.e stucked to the ceiling. They are so cool!! they're all so pretty and arranged very nicely like a normal house. even the smallest details is taken care very well!!
this is one of the partition in there. so when you take pictures, you will have to rotate them yourself
they look just like the ordinary room!
If you're Malaysian, the admission fee is RM15 for adults and RM10 for children while if you're not, it's RM20 for adults and RM15 for children which is to be honest, I'd say it is slightly overpriced (I'm stingy like that haha) because the place is quite small. It is about two-rooms size with only 4 major partition.
Therefore, there're a few points that can be considered as tips (more like common senses that you need to bear in mind) before you go and while you're there so that your RM15 is worth it.
- if it's possible, avoid peak times since the place is small and it tends to overcrowd. my family and I went there last Saturday it was kinda hard to capture without anyone else interfering our photos haha.
- do not wear something like skirts that can limit your poses haha. Here, you are required to pose differently than the usual trademark poses. That don't work here :P. Besides, skirts make photos look not realistic enough >_<
- don't be shy. people are going to look at you anyway. First, because they are waiting for their turn and second, because they want to get inspired by your poses haha. After all, everyone is there to take photos.
- take as many photos as you can. turn on the shutter mode on. because many people will be waiting for you, use that short time efficiently to take as many photos. we just couldn't afford the 'tak jadi' photos T_T
- be creative! they have sample of photos of other people on the wall that you can get inspired with!
- make use of every details of the room
Until next time :)