Good Day everyone!
It's my 2nd post for the makeup challenge! *clap clap*. haha.
This time, it's about smokey (or smoky. i'm not sure so whatever haha. sorry grammar nazi >_<) eyes.
click here to read about 1.Contouring
Smokey eye makeup is a makeup style used to create a dramatic and sophisticated look for the eyes. Deep and rich colours are used to achieve the smokey eye makeup style.
Although smokey eyes is often associated with a sexy, nighttime look, the kind of smokey that i would show you guys suits day to night time. it's a very wearable everyday look without making you look overdone.
More importantly, it suits everyone despite the eye shape, skin colour etc etc.
Below are the products and tools that i used to create the look:
Please let me know if you need a more detailed tutorial.
- smudge a creamy black eyeliner all over the eyelid using a stiff dome brush
- using the same brush, layer a dark brown eyeshadow and start to blend it upward and outward into the crease of your eyelid.
- apply the same dark brown eyeshadow to your lower lashline halfway
- Using a fluffy blending brush, apply a a matte matchy eyeshadow and and buff out harsh lines and blend, blend, blend
- a few coats of mascara will finish the eye look
One more important tip when wearing smokey eye makeup is to make the eyes the focal point of the face, wear a neutral lipstick or lip gloss.
if you want to pull off this look for night time (a more polished night time look), you can
- increase the intensity of the dark shadows
- apply eyeliner to your lid line, tight line and water line